Thursday, February 3, 2011

De-junk Update #2

It's been over four weeks and still, I haven't made an attempt at de-cluttering.  I would like to say I have had such a busy social life, I haven't had time.  That would be a lie.  I could also say that really, I WANT everything so there is nothing to get rid off.  That would be lie number two.  The sad truth is - I just don't want to do it.  Its a huge job, it's daunting, it's not fun, I am going to get dirty doing this and really, there are more fun things I would rather be doing - like crawling onto the sofa, fireplace spewing warm air with my favourite tea and my book.  Who wouldn't?

But time is wasting.  It has to be done.  I can't rely on my son to do it.  He can't keep ONE room clean so it's me or nothing.

Speaking of my son, I told him that I have a real estate agent coming on Monday and his room needs to be clean before then.  I want to see how seriously he takes this.

Probably as seriously as I have taken my de-cluttering job thus far.

I think I'm in trouble.

My plan for this weekend is:  Saturday, clean out the garage.  I need someplace to put all the stuff I am getting rid of so the garage is the best place to store it.   This of course depends on a few factors.

1.  If the planets are aligned correctly, it's a go.
2.  If the Leafs win tonight, it's a go.
3.  If it's not fifteen below, it's a go.

To be honest, if I am too tired, it's not a go.

Really need some motivation.  Can you buy that somewhere?

I'll post how that goes on Monday.

2 comments:

  1. If my will is strong, I'll come help. Problem is that my house is worse and I KNOW I will take all your stuff that you're getting rid of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a big job. Why not just get rid of one thing every day, unless, by some miracle, you actually feel like tackling a big chunk at once? At least that way you're not stuck in the planning stage...
    p.s. Tea + book would be my choice, too.

    ReplyDelete